ISSUE: Emails sent with GoldMine Web are not linking back to GoldMine
There are two primary causes for this
1. You have not set the correct “sent items” folder under Tools > Configure > GoldMine Connect > Name of Sent Items folder
2. Your device is not using the sent items folder on the mail server, but instead is using a local sent items folder on the actual device.
– Open GoldMine as a MASTER user
– Tools > Configure > GoldMine Connect
– In the ‘Name of Sent Items folder’ enter the name of your mail servers IMAP sent items folder
NOTE: This setting is case sensitive. You may need to use TELNET to find the exact name of the sent items folder for your mail server or you may need to contact your ISP if your mail server is a hosted one.
Please see below for instructions on Using TELNET to find your sent Items folder name
Please see below for instructions on How to change Sent, Drafts and Deleted mail folders for an iPhone device
Using TELNET to find the ‘Sent Items’ folder on your IMAP Email account
1. Open a Command Prompt (DOS prompt) as an Elevated User (Run-as Administrator)
2. Type the following to connect to your IMAP serverTELNET <ServerName> <Port>
For Example TELNET 192.168.0.130 143Something like the following should now be displayed if you connect to the server correctly3. You now need to LOGIN to the IMAP server
Type the following
? LOGIN “username” “password”
Something like the following should now be displayed if you enter the correct username and password combination
4. You now need to list the folder structure
Type the following
? LIST “” “*”
You should now get a list of the IMAP folders
(These folder names are case sensitive)
You can then see the name of the “Sent Items” folder
– Some IMAP servers may be configured to accept encrypted connections only, and all login commands will fail, unless they are encrypted. If this is the case, no further progress can be made in troubleshooting IMAP login problems, unless the IMAP server is temporarily reconfigured to allow unencrypted logins.
– Please also see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/189326 with regards to using TELNET to connect to your Mail server to check IMAP connectivity
How to change Sent, Drafts and Deleted mail folders for an iPhone device?
In order to reconfigure an iPhone to keep the sent, drafts or deleted messages on the mail server, you should first login to the Email account through the built-in iPhone mail client and then browse the following folders:
Next step is to open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Select your email account > Select the displayed IMAP account > Advanced Settings (at the bottom) > Mailbox Behavior.
You will find the following 3 options listed at the top:
Each of these options lead to a page that allows you to configure your phone in which folder to store a copy of the respective messages. Each page will display a directory tree from the server, and you need to mark one of the listed folders, under the ‘On the server’ section in order to force the mail client to store the messages there.