One of the many advantages of GoldMine® over other CRM applications is the GoldMine® Taskbar.
The GoldMine Taskbar is a great way of having quick, one-click access to common things like:
- GoldMine Main Menu Items
- Launching external applications and web sites (web resources like Google Maps, Dun and Bradstreet, Spoke, etc.)
- Displaying documents and files in GoldMine
- Using and Sharing Macros
In addition, GoldMine users with master rights can customize the Taskbar to allow all users access to frequently used menu commands and macros.
What’s more, Taskbars can be Global (for all users) or Local (just for each user).
Each icon on the task bar represents a task item (essentially a short cut). You can customize up to 50 task items into one task group. In other words, a task group is a collection of tasks [task item]. Each task grouping is accessed from a pull-down button on your GoldMine Taskbar, and you can have up to 20 task groups.
Here’s how to create a new Taskbar group:
- Click on the Customize option on your tool bar task bar
- Right click on the task bar
- Select “Add New Group”
- Give it a name and select “OK.” (Users with master rights can check the box “Global Group” if they want to give all end users access to the Taskbar)
- Start inserting items to the new group