GoldMine 2017.1 is available this week for general public. Please read what is new and what is improved in this latest version of GoldMine Premium Edition. There have been some significant changes to the Outlook Link for email linking and new GoldMine Web user interface. View all of the tech docs (user guide, install guide, system requirements, etc.) for GoldMine 2017.1.
To schedule an update or to discuss any of the changes please contact First Direct Corp. at (800) 935-4386.
- Run the GoldMine Premium 2017.1 installer for a new installation or to upgrade GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.0 or newer.
- If you are upgrading from a version of GoldMine prior to 9.0.0, you must first upgrade to version 9.0.0 before upgrading to this version.
- Run the GoldMine Connect 2017.1 installer for a new installation or to upgrade GoldMine Connect 2015.1 or newer.
- If you are upgrading from a version of GoldMine Connect prior to 2015.1, it is necessary to uninstall the existing version of GoldMine Mobile or GoldMine Connect and install GoldMine Connect 2017.1 as a new installation.
- It is recommended to clear device/browser cache and restart IIS after an installation/re-installation or upgrade of GoldMine Connect.
What’s New in GoldMine 2017.1
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.328 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.460All functionalities that have been added after GoldMine 2016.1, including any added in all 2016.1 Hot Fixes.
A new default landing page after logging in with the following sections:
- Displays a snapshot of upcoming timed activities, starting from the time at which the user is
logged into web.
- Select the “Go to Activities” to view more activities on the existing Activities page.
My Pending Emails
- Displays a snapshot of pending emails.
- Select the “View More” to view more emails in a new My Pending Emails page.
- Displays a snapshot of recently viewed contacts.
- Displays a snapshot of recently viewed opportunities.
- Displays a snapshot of recently viewed cases.
My Pending Emails
- A new page containing a tabular view of pending emails for the logged in user. Accessed from either the “My Pending Emails” section in the Home page or through the global menu at the top right of the browser, next to the GoldMine User ID.
- The Pending and History activities associated with a case are accessible from the detailed view of a Case.
- View and create Notes – both “Case Notes” and “Resolution Notes” (PE equivalent of the notes in the “Notes” and “Resolution” tabs).
- From the detailed view of a Contact record, users can now add a linked document stored in a cloud drive (eg. One Drive, Dropbox or Box etc) or shared network path to a contact by including a valid URL or UNC path to a shared drive.
- Schedule a follow-up activity when completing an activity. Notes and other information are carried over to the follow up activity.
- User-specific settings that are applicable to GoldMine Web within the “Access” and “Menu” tabs in PE’s Tools → Users’ SeEngs… → <USER> are now reflected on web.
- Contact record curtaining and ownership specified in PE are observed on web.
- F2 look-up validation settings in PE are observed for Pending and History activities on web.
- “Back to results” link added to the Opportunity details and Case details pages.
- A “View All” link has been added to the Opportunities section in the detailed view of a Contact record.
GoldMine Premium Edition
GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook
A new Outlook add-in for linking email messages to GoldMine contacts.
Link Email / Unlink Email
- The “Link Email” button in the toolbar enables the user to link email messages, search a contact, or create a contact.
■ If the email address matches a GoldMine contact, it will be suggested.
■ Use “Search GoldMine” to search for a contact in GoldMine to link email messages.
■ Use “Create Contact” to create a new contact in GoldMine and link the email messages.
- When an email message is linked, it will be filed to the contact’s History tab.
- The “Unlink Email” toolbar button enables the user to unlink email messages.
View Contact in GoldMine
- The “View in GoldMine” button in the toolbar enables viewing the contact in GoldMine.
- The “Settings” toolbar button enables the user to set up or update GoldMine Link, enable/disable automatic linking, configure Outlook folders, specify linking exclusions and set up Outlook synchronization.
- Settings for each user may also be configured from PE by a master user by going to Tools → Configure → GoldMine Link Outlook Settings…
- Select the “Start/Stop Sync” button in the toolbar to start or stop Outlook synchronization with GoldMine.
- The GoldMine address book is added to the list of “Other Address Book Types” in Outlook upon installation of GoldMine Link.
Environment Table Settings
- A new flag – “forceUTF8ForOutgoingEmail” – for enabling the use the charset “UTF-8” when sending emails through the Email Center. This flag takes a value of “0” or “1”. When set to “1”, the charset used for sending emails will be “UTF-8”. It does not matter what charset is specified in PE.
- The TLog query for synchronization has been refactored and optimized for performance improvements in release 2017.1. A new flag – “UseOptimizedCalDefTLogsQuery” – is introduced to enable GoldMine administrators to turn off this optimization, if needed. This flag can be set to “0” to turn off the TLog query optimization
What’s Changed in GoldMine 2017.1
- The Contacts, Opportunities and Cases lists for mid- to small- sized screens are mobile responsive.
- These lists are now displayed in a card format rather than tabular format for these screens.
- The “Activities” page graphical calendar is hidden by default on small screens. Select the calendar icon to display or hide the calendar.
- The “Activities” page Tasks and To-Dos are collapsed by default for all screen sizes.
- When searching for Cases or Opportunities, the default result of the search is Status: All and Owner:All.
- The Contact record “Cases” section displays all Cases for the selected Contact.
- All links to GoldMine Mobile will now be redirected to GoldMine Web.
- “Include items from the local windows index” and “Include items from remote Windows index” in Universal Search’s “Documents” tab are now disabled by default.